Hello lovelies, I hope all is going well in your worlds. I thought that today I would talk about one of my favorite beauty products, MASCARA! I am a mascara junkie, high-end and drugstore, I don’t discriminate. One reason I am a huge mascara junkie is because I don’t wear false lashes, I just never mastered that beauty add-on. I love a mascara that makes my lashes look voluptuous without looking janky. I also like ones that do a good job at separating my lashes without making them look super thin. My lashes have thinned out due to medications. Over the years I have learned what works for me, in terms of what type of wand works and which formulas I can layer and what formulas and brands work wonderfully all the way around for my lovely little lashes.
Even though I’m only 26 I have picked up on a few things, tips, and tricks through the years. I wanted to share what I have learned and taught myself.😊
Mascara Tips & Tricks:
1. Dust your lashes with a powder brush to remove excess moisture.
2. Pick the RIGHT wand for your need(s)
3. Change your angle:
a. Vertically to coat shorter lashes.
b. Horizontally wiggle ⬅➡to add volume.
4. Business Cards? You can use a business card to prevent mascara getting on your lids.
5. Apply.Dry.Repeat… Apply mascara to Top Lashes 1.Top Lashes 2.Bottom Lashes 1. Bottom Lashes 2. Then for the second coat, start back at the first set of top lashes and work in the same order.
6. If you mess up an get some mascara on your face, let it dry first, then use a dry qtip to flick/wipe away. (less mess and easier to remove)
What about wands? Not fairy wands -lol,jk- mascara wands. There’s a wand for for every lash need.
• Classic Fiber Wand: Density
• Plastic/Rubber Wand: Definition
• S-Shaped Wand: Intensity
• Curved Wand: Curling
• Conical Wand: Fanning Out
• Spiked Ball Tipped Wand: Separation
• Bubble Wand: Length
• Triangular Wand: Volume
• Skinny Wand: No Smudges
• Micro Wand: Precision
Who’d a thunk we needed so many wands for our lashes?!?
Some of my favorite mascaras… Tarte: MANEATER Voluptuous Mascara , Tarte: Lights, Camera, Lashes. 4-in-1 Mascara , Benefit Cosmetics: Roller Lash Curling & Lifting Mascara (Brown) , Essence: Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara
Now what about y’all? Do y’all have tips or tricks for mascara that I didn’t mention? If so please leave them in the comments below I’d love to read them and learn something new about my favorite beauty product. 😊
XOXO Anna! 💋