Happy Hump🐪Day Lovelies! I hope your week is going well and if it’s not then this post could be of some help to you.🤞… I have 8 ways to boost your mood.
• Sunshine & Nature☀️: Open up your curtains, blinds, shutters, or whatever you may have to let in the sunlight. Go for walk. Get some fresh air. Bring in some fresh flowers to liven up your home.
• Music🎶: Play some upbeat music, to get you going and moving. Play some calm-NOT sad- before bed.
• Lavender & Orange🍊: Both scents calm the body. They’re refreshing and provide soothing effects.
• Get Lost On Purpose: Go somewhere new. Explore downtown on foot instead of inside the car. Go for a drive with no destination in mind. The change in location helps take your mind off your troubles.
• Hugs: As humans we need human touch to sustain life. When we’re feeling down, we need more human connection for healing. Pets also help with healing.
• Entertainment: Go see a movie-happy NOT sad- do a craft or participate in your favorite hobby. Research says 62% of people with depression feel better when doing leisure activities.
• Small Projects: Be Productive! 79% of depressed people feel better after doing a productive task. Clean and organize a junk drawer, write out a to-do-list, tackle a small project around the house. These small things will give you a sense of accomplishment.
• Pray🙏: God doesn’t leave us in our time of suffering. Deuteronomy 31:8 “The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.” Isaiah 41:10 “So do not fear; for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (If you’re not Christian I do not mean to offend you, these are verses that I turn to when I am down)
So there are so helpful ways to boost your mood and remember I also had the post Good Mood Foods so check out that to see what you can snack on to also help when you’re feeling down. Also remember to SMILE 😁