Happy Saturday Lovelies! I hope all of you are doing fabulous. Today’s post we are talking about Aloe and how it works in beauty. It seems to be growing in popularity in the beauty world, and why wouldn’t it with it’s healing and soothing qualities. Aloe helps to nourish the skin, to keep it hydrated and glowing. It also has antibacterial properties and contains vitamins and minerals.
Aloe is something we’ve probably all heard of by now, when we were young our moms and dads would put the cold gel on us when we got sunburned, however this green succulent helps with a lot more than just sunburn. Aloe can help with dandruff, dry feet, razor burn,wrinkles, dark circles, acne, stretch marks, frizzy hair, and even hair growth.
Masks & Remedies
- Sunburn: Fill an ice cube tray with aloe gel and freeze. The frozen aloe cubes add extra relief from pain, redness, inflammation and itching. These cubes can be used for more than just sunburn, you can use them for bug bites and poison ivy. Since they’re frozen the offer a cool soothing effect as well.
- Acne: Dissolve 4 to 5 non-coated aspirin with a few droplets of warm water, mix with pure aloe gel. Apply over face and leave one for about 5 minutes, then gently rinse with warm water .
- Razor Burn: Apply the gel to affected area. Also you can use it as an aftershave.
- Frizzy Hair: Take a small amount of aloe on to damp hair to tame the frizz. It also adds shine and softness to hair as well.
- Stretch Marks: Apply pure aloe gel and massage it daily over the affected area. Aloe helps with cell growth that helps with the reduction of stretch marks.
- Dry Feet: Mix 4TBSP of aloe gel and 2TBSP of lemon juice, rub all over feet until well exfoliated. Let sit for 10 minutes, the rinse with warm water.
- Wrinkles: Mix 1/3cup of aloe gel with 1/3cup of coconut oil(solid form), mix well. Store in a jar at room temp. Apply to clean like a moisturizer to clean skin.
- Dark Circles: Mix 2TBSP of aloe gel and 1TBSP of almond oil, apply gel mixture under eyes before bed to let it work over night.
- Dandruff: Mix 1TBSP of lemon juice with 2TBSP of pure aloe gel and use as a mask. Apply to roots of your hair and let sit for 30 minutes the rinse.
- Hair Growth: Massage aloe into scalp, leave on for an hour and then rinse with warm water.
There are SO MANY ways to use Aloe Vera that its amazing, you can even use it to make your own makeup setting spray. This plant is just so nifty in all its wonders, its not the most beautiful, but it is very beneficial. Well I hope you all enjoyed my post. Thank you all for reading. I love y’all 💕💋